Do any of these ring true for you?
- You feel a bit lost in a sea of other photographers and want to feel confident standing out with your own unique brand instead of blending in and competing on price
- You'd love more ideal clients but you're not sure where to find them or how to attract them
- Working on your own in the early days of your business, you feel like you’re figuring things out as you go along, and worry you’re not doing things ‘right’
- You've realised that being a photographer also means being an administrator, retoucher, blogger, marketer, customer care manager, artist, product designer, technical geek, crowd controller and social media exec… and feel a bit overwhelmed
- You'd love someone to help you formulate a clear plan what your priorities should be and what to tackle next, and hold you accountable for sticking to it
- You’re an established photographer but would love to inject some fresh inspiration and/or look into focusing on other types of photography
- You’ve spent months reading through mounds of useful but generic business/photography advice in Facebook posts, blogs and online resources (and have used them to create a MASSIVE 'to do list'!) but would really appreciate advice and support tailored specifically to you and your current circumstances
Here's where I come in!
When I first set up my photography business 11 years ago, I felt all of the above on pretty much a daily basis for several years! But after years of trial and error, a lot of hard graft, loads of education, plenty of mistakes and a lot of lessons learned the hard way, I’m finally at a place where I’m confident in my own unique style, have a strong, recognisable brand, operate an efficient workflow, have loyal and enthusiastic supporters both within and outside the industry, attract and work with my ideal clients, and make a decent living doing what I love. I’ve learned over time that there is no ‘one size fits all’ plan for running a photography business, that it’s all about taking time to look at YOURSELF rather than everyone else, and that the key is to then use this as the basis for formulating and developing clear and consistent planning, branding and strategy.
How I can help you
One-to-one mentoring is an opportunity to have an objective third party, who understands your industry, look at your business with you, help you to identify where you might best focus your attention, and provide tailored support specifically for you, your business and your aspirations for the future. I don’t know everything there is to know about running a successful photography business, I can’t offer you a definitive answer to every question and I can’t offer you a recipe for sure-fire success. I’m still learning all the time myself and still make plenty of mistakes. But after running my own successful photography business for over ten years, and successfully transitioning from wedding photographer to family photographer, I’ve learned a lot of lessons: things that worked… things that didn’t… things that worked only if approached in the right way… things that cost a lot more than they’re worth… things that cost nothing but were worth their weight in gold… things it was easy to do myself… things best left to other experts… things that were a waste of time… things that saved me time… What I can offer you is honesty, support, experience, a friendly face, someone who wants to listen to your story, goals and passions and a willingness to share with you anything and everything I’ve learned and found useful during my time as a photographer….